Skip to main content

Endometriosis Awareness Blog Award 2015

I have been selected as one of the top 8 Endometriosis information sites and given the 'Endometriosis Awareness Blog Award 2015' by a panel of HealthExpress experts. To say I am overjoyed is an understatement!
 

This is what they had to say about my blog:

 

I have been listed alongside Endometriosis UK, SHE Trust UK, Endometriosis Foundation of America and Endometriosis Australia, plus others. These organisations do so much to raise the profile of Endometriosis and support sufferers and their families. Having my little blog included with them for the award means the world to me! All I have ever wanted to do with my blog is to share my experiences as truthfully as I can, so other ladies know they are not alone.

Receiving this recognition spurs me on to keep posting, blogging, talking, tweeting and raising awareness. To know that my blog has been even a little help to those on their own endo journey makes me feel so honoured.

A massive thanks to HealthExpress for choosing me. Please take a moment to read their article on Endometriosis Awareness Month, where all their top 8 sites are listed http://www.healthexpress.co.uk/blog/womens-health/endometriosis-top-blogs.html

HealthExpress provides patients with support, advice and treatment for common medical conditions that are often seen as 'taboo' subjects or ones which people don't feel comfortable in talking about. Just because a medical condition may be awkward to talk about, doesn't mean it is any less real. In my opinion, having HealthExpress available to bring these topics to the forefront of online discussions and being a source of support is invaluable. They have been set up since 2002 and helped thousands of people during that time. For more information please visit www.healthexpress.co.uk

#MyEndoDiary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

The Endometriosis Effect..

I have mentioned a few times that  Endometriosis does not come alone.  (Click to see previous blog). It has an impact on all areas of our lives; our health & well being, social & emotional interactions, physical capabilities and our employment amongst others. This week my employment status has taken a direct hit. As from tomorrow, Tuesday 5th of March I will be officially unemployed. I have worked for my current company for 9 years. A few weeks ago I was called up for a meeting with the Operations Manager. I was told they were starting the process to terminate my contract due to 'job capability'. Not that I am not capable of doing my work correctly and achieving all targets set, but due to my illness and sickness from work. This week I handed in my notice as I didn't want to be fired for something, which at the moment, I can't control. I had a feeling this day would come sooner rather than later. I've had to take so many sick days and long term sick from