Skip to main content

Endometriosis: Prostap Months 2 & 3 Medical Menopause

So, I'm into my third month of my medical menopause & Prostap. (You can read how Month 1 went by clicking here.) 

How am I feeling?

Pain free? Not quite. 
Better? Well, yes a little bit.. I personally think I have both Endometriosis cysts and adhesions again. Some of the pain has been stopped by Prostap shutting down my ovaries, but not all of it. The remaining pain I'm assuming is adhesions. 

The side effects of Prostap have calmed down slightly. Don't get me wrong, they can still be quite annoying and some days they cause more bad than good! But, I haven't been at the point lately where I'd want to strip off and go sit in a freezer to stop the hot flushes!! By the way, I've never done that. But I have been very very close!! ;)

I'm not crying everyday because of the pain. I'm not stuck in bed. Dizziness and headaches have seemed to stay with me throughout these last two months though. I have also found myself becoming quite nauseous at times. The joint pain has flared up again in my knees. Some days it is ever so painful, walking up and down the stairs can be a nightmare! One step at a time trying not to bed my knee so much! On the plus side, breakthrough bleeding has not been as persistent as it was! Only this last week or so it has started up again, so cramps are coming back with them and shooting pains in my ovaries. I'm hoping this will pass.

The biggest thing I'm suffering with at the moment is insomnia! I'm awake most of the night. How I am getting through the days on such a small amount of sleep I don't know!


December 17th, I have my review with my gynaecologist. Will they extend the Prostap injections? Do I want them to? This is what I have to figure out....


....Which is the lesser of two evils??


Endometriosis pain and symptoms constantly or a bit of endo & adhesion pain whilst still being in a medical menopause and having all the side effects of that?


Decisions, decisions!!

#MyEndoDiary

Comments

  1. I did 6 months of Prostap back in 2008/09. I hated it but it was the lesser of two evils! The insomnia was very random for me it wasn't constant but working full time was tough. Night sweats were my worst waking up soaked was not pleasant. Good luck at your appointment x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I'm the same, had prostap a few years ago too. Didn't like it then and still don't like it now. I've gone ahead with another 3 months of it, i will try anything to help! Hope you're doing ok. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

Endometriosis: 3rd Time Lucky?

August 25th. This will be the date of my next operation. My third. I have waited 12 months to get this date. Then, out of the blue, I receive a letter from the hospital. With only 12 days notice. In a way, that's good. Less time to stress. But for me, I'll stress no matter what. I'll just cram a year of waiting into 12 days of worry. I'm now down to 7 days. This time next week... Some people may think that knowing what will happen and how the day pans out etc, will be a benefit. A comfort perhaps. For me, it's the complete opposite. I know how emotional I will get. I know the feelings of panic, anxiousness and nervousness will build up. I know at certain points they'll peak and I'll break down. Just before I'm due to go down to theatre I'm guaranteed to start crying. The fear takes over and there's nothing I can do at that point but just trust the doctors and nurses. But that's normal I guess. Third time around, it will not be any