Skip to main content

My Endo Diaries reaches 15,000 views!

Wow. I cannot believe my blog on Endometriosis has reached 15,000 views! I'm overwhelmed. Now I know some bloggers get hundreds and thousands of views and they are a lot more known, but for me to have 15,000 views means so much! Every person who has clicked on my posts I appreciate you so so much for taking the time to do it. 

When I was first diagnosed with Endometriosis I was at a bit of a loss. I joined twitter and set up this blog in order to reach out to people & try and spread awareness. Truthfully, I didn't expect many (if any!) people to read it. For me it was just a place to rant. What I didn't expect was the love, support and reassurance I received back from people reading my blog. It still amazes me now! Whenever someone messages me to say they can relate to my blog, that it feels like they are reading about themselves & are happy to know they are not alone in this makes me feel so honoured. It's even made me quite teary at times! People being able to relate to me also stops me from feeling so alone with this awful illness. Thank you all so much!

15,000 views on I think I've achieved what I set out to do. It goes to show how united us Endosisters are. We are not alone and together we will support each other in any ways we can. I'm so glad my blog has helped some of you.

I will continue to share my endometriosis diary with you. Here's to the next 15,000 views! :)

#MyEndoDiary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

The Endometriosis Effect..

I have mentioned a few times that  Endometriosis does not come alone.  (Click to see previous blog). It has an impact on all areas of our lives; our health & well being, social & emotional interactions, physical capabilities and our employment amongst others. This week my employment status has taken a direct hit. As from tomorrow, Tuesday 5th of March I will be officially unemployed. I have worked for my current company for 9 years. A few weeks ago I was called up for a meeting with the Operations Manager. I was told they were starting the process to terminate my contract due to 'job capability'. Not that I am not capable of doing my work correctly and achieving all targets set, but due to my illness and sickness from work. This week I handed in my notice as I didn't want to be fired for something, which at the moment, I can't control. I had a feeling this day would come sooner rather than later. I've had to take so many sick days and long term sick from