Skip to main content

The Battle Of The Swollen Stomach...Part 2

13th June last year I wrote my first post on 'The Battle Of The Swollen Stomach'. It was one week before my 24th birthday and I was beyond frustrated of still having an swollen stomach due to Endo.
So to be writing this post today I'm extremely excited. Today is 4 weeks since my 2nd lap... and within the last 3 weeks my stomach as gone down 4 inches!! Woooohooo! 

Two weeks ago it had reduced by two and a half inches. This week I measured it and another inch and half has gone! Before my 2nd lap and at the height of the swelling I looked like I was carrying twins! I'm well and truly shocked as I never thought this day would come. My 25th birthday is now 3 months away.. Imagine if by then I'll have a 'normal' stomach and a whole new wardrobe, excluding baggy tops to hide my stomach?!

This time last year this would have been a dream. Now... I truly believe it will happen.

I look forward to a flatter stomach, healthier, happier me :-)
#MyEndoDiary

Comments

  1. you have given me hope! Thanks for sharing. So depressed as gained inches around stomach, hips and thighs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

The Endometriosis Effect..

I have mentioned a few times that  Endometriosis does not come alone.  (Click to see previous blog). It has an impact on all areas of our lives; our health & well being, social & emotional interactions, physical capabilities and our employment amongst others. This week my employment status has taken a direct hit. As from tomorrow, Tuesday 5th of March I will be officially unemployed. I have worked for my current company for 9 years. A few weeks ago I was called up for a meeting with the Operations Manager. I was told they were starting the process to terminate my contract due to 'job capability'. Not that I am not capable of doing my work correctly and achieving all targets set, but due to my illness and sickness from work. This week I handed in my notice as I didn't want to be fired for something, which at the moment, I can't control. I had a feeling this day would come sooner rather than later. I've had to take so many sick days and long term sick from