Skip to main content

Endometriosis: Why me? Why not?

Why does endometriosis have to be so frustrating?? So annoying? At times making you feel helpless, alone and fragile. Endometriosis - the name itself is complicated enough to say to those not in the 'know'. Why does the condition itself have to be a million times more complicated. This last week has been so up and down for me. Some days I have been feeling great, doing lots. The next day I'm in so much pain I can't do anything. My bleeding has been changing from very light to practically nothing to heavy with extreme pain and cramps. It gets so bad the memories of good days are hard to recall and bring to the front of my mind.

Breaking point came today whilst in the supermarket. It was packed, my cramps had started from the moment I got out of bed. Walking around the supermarket I was surprised people wernt giving me funny looks as I stood in one place holding onto the trolley to try keep me upright. It was hard to walk. Got to the queue to pay when they came worse. I could feel my face going bright red from the pain.. I had tears strolling down my face because the pains and cramps were so strong and sharp it instantly brought tears, whilst trying to act normal at the same time. I don't think it worked. I could see a few people looking over as I was trying to stop myself from crying anymore. I was so humiliated. How embarrassing. I am so grateful my mother was with me so I didn't feel completely mad. As I have been writing this I have had to stop a few times, shut my eyes with my head in my hands waiting for the next waves of cramps to pass.

I could sit here asking 'why me?' but why not?? What makes me so different from others not to suffer from this. No one deserves it. There should be a cure for Endo and I find it ridiculous that at this time the only way to diagnose it still is by surgery and there is still no cure. More and more I find myself getting totally frustrated when my endosisters and I are going through unneccesary pain every day! Added onto the stresses and strains of daily life that everyone has, we also have deal with endo. A word that can be shortened but unfortunately the same thing cant be done with the pains or reality of it.

#MyEndoDiary

Comments

  1. I have had similar experiences.. most often going to the supermarket.. as I guess it's something we still have to do, no matter how bad we feel. It's hard not to feel embarrassed, but it's out of your control.. and the only other option is to hide away.

    Hope you start feeling a bit better/having some good days soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking the time to read my blog. your right, its either this or hide away. somedays i admit i do hide away but other days its unavoidable and u just gotta get on with it! thanks very much, i hope your feeling well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A word that can be shortened but unfortunately the same thing cant be done with the pains or reality of it." That one sentence says it all Carla. And yes, to us, Endosisters, this has been a sentence where no one can tell us how long we will have to suffer for. We can only hope for the best through different meds, diets or Laps. But we can stick together for support, comfort and friendship to keep us sane. On that note, I will always wish you well my dear Endosister xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your blog provides support and inspiration to me and others. I've sent you a blog award that you can find at: http://foxywaitingroom.wordpress.com/
    Wishing you many pain-free days.
    Foxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Carla! I wanted to let you know I have given you the Liebster Blog Award! Please check out my latest post for the details!

    Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and I have given you an award. Check it out at http://thebegingingofendometriosis.blogspot.com/p/awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Endometriosis: Post op

Ok, so I thought I should update you all after my operation on Tuesday.  I have a lot of mixed emotions after the laparoscopy though and I promise to fill you all in soon. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way I'm feeling now so I will post in the near future about all the details. Sharing information is the best way to know we're not alone in this. But for the moment, I'm just getting my head around things and concentrating on recovery. UPDATED: Endometriosis was found in my ovaries as expected and removed. It was also found on my bowel, but it was left untreated. #MyEndoDiary ♡

A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl - 16/04/13

Seeing as I've named my Blog 'My Endo Diary' I've decided to start this project, 'A Day In The Life Of An Endo Girl' to portray just a snippet of a day with Endometriosis. Women with Endo are not lazy. Some, such as myself suffer daily pain. Chronic pain. Sometimes mild, sometimes exhausting, sometimes severe. Small things hurt massively. What some people take for granted doing, can take all of my energy. Even down to doing the dishes or making food. Endo is unpredictable. Tomorrow may be a better day. It may be worse. If I look or sound OK one day it doesn't mean I'm better. I'm either hiding the pain from you (I've become quite good at this), having an 'up and down day' (explained below) or on the rare chance having a good day. Every day with Endo for me, is different. However at the moment, they all contain some sort of pain. So here's my first entry. 16/04/13                   5:45am Woken up by Endo pains, stabs in my hips

Endometriosis: 3rd Time Lucky?

August 25th. This will be the date of my next operation. My third. I have waited 12 months to get this date. Then, out of the blue, I receive a letter from the hospital. With only 12 days notice. In a way, that's good. Less time to stress. But for me, I'll stress no matter what. I'll just cram a year of waiting into 12 days of worry. I'm now down to 7 days. This time next week... Some people may think that knowing what will happen and how the day pans out etc, will be a benefit. A comfort perhaps. For me, it's the complete opposite. I know how emotional I will get. I know the feelings of panic, anxiousness and nervousness will build up. I know at certain points they'll peak and I'll break down. Just before I'm due to go down to theatre I'm guaranteed to start crying. The fear takes over and there's nothing I can do at that point but just trust the doctors and nurses. But that's normal I guess. Third time around, it will not be any